A local network API designed to extend your product experience. Integrate your setup with third party devices and services and enable more granular control of the hardware.
- Product Setup
- Before You Pair Your Essentials (Matter)
- Standard Pairing Process with iOS
- Standard Pairing Process with Android
- Pairing with Smart Home Ecosystems
- Sharing Matter Devices between Ecosystems
- Controlling Your Essentials
- Problems & Solutions
Bulbs User Manual
Pairing with Smart Home Ecosystems
To pair with a smart home ecosystem, you must have:
- A Matter-compatible smart home hub that is already paired to your ecosystem
- A thread border router (may be the same device as your smart home hub)
We recommend pairing first with the Nanoleaf App to ensure the smoothest experience. Refer to the standard pairing process above for instructions on how to pair with the Nanoleaf App.
Starting in the Nanoleaf App:
After pairing in the Nanoleaf App, if you’re presented with the “Add To An Ecosystem” screen:
Tap the Connect button.
On iOS: you will automatically be prompted to add the light to Apple Home.
On Android, you will be shown a menu with the following:
- Options for supported apps for direct pairing (select one and you’ll be directed through the setup flow in that app)
- “Use pairing code” - select this if the app you want to pair with is on the same phone/tablet but doesn’t show up in the list, copy the code, and paste the code into the app you want to pair with (follow the more specific steps in the links below if you’re having trouble).
- “Use QR code” - select this if the app you want to pair with is on a different phone/tablet, then open the app on your other device and scan the new QR code (follow the more specific steps in the links below if you’re having trouble).
If you do not see the “Add To An Ecosystem” screen, or if you wish to do this at a later date, you can always do so by accessing your Bulb settings within the Nanoleaf App and tapping Connections.
Starting in your Ecosystem App:
If you wish to pair directly with one of the ecosystems, ensure the following requirements are satisfied:
- A Matter-compatible smart home hub for that ecosystem is already paired
- Compatible Thread border router is already paired (may be the same device as your smart home hub)
- This is the first ecosystem you’re pairing your Essentials to. If you’ve already paired with one ecosystem via Matter and want to share with a second ecosystem, follow the steps here.
- Pairing must be initiated within 15 minutes of the light being powered on. Disconnect and reconnect your lights from power to re-enable Matter pairing (this only works when the device has not already been paired via Matter).
Then, proceed with the following steps in the links below for your desired ecosystem:
Pairing with Apple Home is only available using an iOS device.
Pairing Matter devices with Google Home is currently only available on Android, but Matter devices paired on Android can be controlled by the Google Home app on iOS today if logged into the same account on both phones/tablets. Pairing support for Google Home on iOS is expected to launch in April.