The (R)evolution of Lighting

May 2019

by Hanan Khay

The (R)evolution of Lighting

May 2019

by Hanan Khay

After more than 140 years of regular light bulbs in our homes, it’s time for a revolutionary change. Inspired by the beauty of natural light, Nanoleaf has created a new era of lighting with products that offer complete personalization.

Light plays a large role in our everyday lives, and with smart lighting becoming more and more popular, it’s clear that today’s lighting aims to create brand new ways to revolutionize the way we live.

Nanoleaf’s Smarter Series collection includes modular light panels that come in triangular and square shapes. They recreate the nuances of color & light found in nature, painting over 16 million different shades of the rainbow to transform your spaces for living, working and playing.

With Nanoleaf, you have infinite design possibilities. Let your creativity take the lead and explore.

The (r)evolution of lighting starts now!

Traditional light bulbs have one shape. Nanoleaf lets you create an endless number of shapes; connect the triangles or squares together to create linear, geometric, solid or even abstract designs. Let your imagination run wild.

The light bulb design is standard and old school, whereas the Nanoleaf design is modern and modular, so you can create whatever shape your heart desires.

The incandescent light bulb emits only white light whereas Nanoleaf can paint over 16 million different colors and all shades of white (from cool to warm light). Create a different ambiance depending on your mood or the time of day.

The incandescent light bulb can only be turned on/off, while Nanoleaf products offer a wide range of effects, colors and animations to create your own personalized design. Experience your space in a new way.

Traditional light bulbs have only one function. The Nanoleaf Canvas is touch enabled, so you can play games like Simon, Whack-A-Mole, or “Canvas Crush” on your installation.

The Nanoleaf products are LED panels and are eight times brighter while using less energy, making them incredibly efficient while saving on your monthly energy bill.

Stop wasting time replacing your lights. The incandescent light bulb has an average lifespan of 1,200 hours while the Nanoleaf panels last up to 25,000 hours.

Incandescent lamps generate only about 10% of the light from their energy usage, with the other 90% being wasted as heat loss. Nanoleaf’s LEDs optimize 80% of their energy to generate light, with only 20% loss to heat.

Traditional light bulbs can turn hot and be harmful to touch. Nanoleaf products stay cool and never get hot. The Canvas Light Squares are also touch enabled for added convenient controls.

Light bulbs don’t do anything other than turning your white light on or off. Nanoleaf’s lights are fun, colorful and react to music in real time, turning your favorite songs into a symphony of color and light.

Incandescent light bulbs waste a lot of energy, using an average of 60W per bulb. The Nanoleaf LED panels are energy efficient with more brightness and a longer lifetime, using max 2W of energy per panel.

With traditional light bulbs, you have very limited control restricted to the light switch. With Nanoleaf, you have limitless customizations with smart controls from your device, voice commands or even the Nanoleaf Remote. And you can do all of this from the comfort of your bed 😊

Yesterday, your choices were limited to one shape, one color and one way to light up your space. Today, the choice is yours and the options are unlimited – with Nanoleaf, you can experience your space exactly how you like.

See all here.