Nanoleaf Remote Setup Guide
Thank you for purchasing the Nanoleaf Remote! Watch this video for an overview of the remote.
2 year manufacturer’s warranty, emailed to you as soon as you register
How to Install Batteries
1. Place the 2 AA batteries into the battery socket in the Remote.
2. The Remote wil light up when the batteries are inserted correctly.
Pairing the Remote
- (Android and iOS) To control the Light Panels using brightness and side changes, the Light Panels must have an attached Rhythm. Light Panels must have version 2.3.0 or higher.
- (iOS only) To control any HomeKit devices (including the Light Panels), the user must have a HomeKit Home Hub. HomeKit integration requires iOS 11.3 or higher; Apple TV 4th Gen+ and/or iPad with BLE 4.0 (newer than iPad 2) and/or Home Pod.
To pair with the Nanoleaf Remote in iOS, make sure the Remote lights up when you pick it up and rotate it. Open the Nanoleaf Smarter Series App and follow the in-app prompts.
To pair with Android, you will need the Nanoleaf Light Panels with Rhythm sound module. Make sure the Remote lights up when you pick it up and rotate it. Press the button on the Rhythm until it starts flashing. Hold the Remote close to the Rhythm. When pairing completes, the Rhythm will flash green.
Pairing One Remote to Multiple Light Panel Controllers
You can pair the Remote to multiple Nanoleaf Light Panel controllers using the same pairing method mentioned under Android Users, as long as there is also a Rhythm module attached to the panels.
Setup without an iOS or Android device is possible, but the sides will not be configurable.
- Light Panels must have version 2.3.0 or higher and the Rhythm plugged in.
- Press and hold the Rhythm button until LED flashes blue.
- Hold Remote in close proximity to the Rhythm.
- Wait for Rhythm to flash green.
- Side 1 = ON
- Side 2-6 = Light Panels color scenes
- Side 7-11 = Light Panels Rhythm scenes
- Side 12 = OFF
How to Close the Remote
Align the dash on side 6 with side 7, and side 3 with side 9. Firmly press the halves together.
How to Program and Use Your Remote
Open the Nanoleaf Smarter Series App, and go to the Remote section to start configuring different sides to different scenes.
To activate a programmed side of the Remote, rotate that side to the top.
Things to check:
1. Ensure the batteries are inserted properly and the Remote lights up when you rotate it.
2. Ensure the Remote changes color when you rotate it.
If you are experiencing issues:
1. Try turning the Remote off and on again by opening/closing the battery cover. (you’ll need to open the Remote to do this.)
2. Try resetting and re-pairing the Remote after using a pin/needle to press the reset button on the battery housing.
For more help, go to www.nanoleaf.me/support