- Product Setup
- Problems & Solutions
Matter Holiday String Lights User Manual
Standard Pairing Process with iOS
Pairing with the Nanoleaf App
To ensure a smooth pairing process, please make sure you have the following things ready:
Requires iOS 13+
5 GHz networks are not compatible with Nanoleaf products. You can turn ON Bluetooth as a backup.
A QR code and/or 11 digit code on your Quick Start Guide or on the back of the Controller.
Download and Open the Nanoleaf App
You can find the official Nanoleaf App in the App Store. Make sure you have the latest version.
Pair Your Matter Holiday String Lights
- On the Dashboard, tap the pencil icon in the top right corner.
- Tap “Add Device +”
- Under Essentials, select Holiday String Lights as your product.
- The app will automatically open up the pairing window.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to either:Option A
Scan the QR codeOption B
Enter the 11-digit pairing code found on the back of the Controller or Quick Start Guide.
- Your Holiday String Lights should now be ready to go on the Nanoleaf App!
- If a Matter compatible smart home hub is detected in your home, the Nanoleaf App will give you an option to connect your light to Matter and a smart home ecosystem.Option A
You can always connect to a smart home ecosystem at a later point by accessing your Holiday String Light settings within the Nanoleaf App and tapping Connections.
- Pairing must be initiated within 15 minutes of the light being powered on. Disconnect and reconnect your lights from power to re-enable Matter pairing (this only works when the device has not already been paired via Matter).
Keeping your Holiday String Light firmware up to date helps to ensure a smooth experience. The Nanoleaf App will occasionally show a prompt for you to update your firmware. See Firmware Updates for more details.