- Product Setup
- Problems & Solutions
Matter Holiday String Lights User Manual
Pair & Share Your Smart Home Ecosystems
To pair with a smart home ecosystem, you must have:
- A Matter-compatible smart home hub that is already paired to your ecosystem
- The latest software and firmware on all your devices and apps (min. iOS/tvOS 16.5+ or Android OS 8.1+)
We recommend pairing first with the Nanoleaf App to ensure the smoothest experience. Refer to the standard pairing process above for instructions on how to pair with the Nanoleaf App.
Starting in the Nanoleaf App:
After pairing in the Nanoleaf App, you will be presented with a “Add To An Ecosystem” screen if a Matter compatible smart home hub is detected in your home:
Tap the Connect button.
On iOS: you will automatically be prompted to add the light to Apple Home.
On Android, you will be shown a menu with the following:
- Options for supported apps for direct pairing (select one and you’ll be directed through the setup flow in that app)
- “Use pairing code” - select this if the app you want to pair with is on the same phone/tablet but doesn’t show up in the list.
- “Use QR code” - select this if the app you want to pair with is on a different phone/tablet, then open the app on your other device and scan the new QR code.
If you do not see the “Add To An Ecosystem” screen, or if you wish to do this at a later date, you can always do so by accessing your Matter Holiday String Lights settings within the Nanoleaf App and tapping Connections.
Starting in your Ecosystem App:
If you wish to pair directly with one of the ecosystems, ensure the following requirements are satisfied:
- A Matter-compatible smart home hub for that ecosystem is already paired
- Latest software and firmware on all your devices and apps (min. iOS/tvOS 16.5+ or Android OS 8.1+)
- This is the first ecosystem you’re pairing your Essentials to. If you’ve already paired with one ecosystem via Matter and want to share with a second ecosystem, follow the steps here.
- Pairing must be initiated within 15 minutes of the light being powered on. Disconnect and reconnect your lights from power to re-enable Matter pairing (this only works when the device has not already been paired via Matter).
Then, proceed with the following steps in the links below for your desired ecosystem:
Pairing with Apple Home is only available using an iOS device.