A local network API designed to extend your product experience. Integrate your setup with third party devices and services and enable more granular control of the hardware.
Shapes User Manual
Pairing Your Panels for Android
Standard Pairing Process for Android
To ensure a smooth pairing process, please make sure you have the following things ready:
Requires Android 9+
Found as a QR code and a 8 digit code on your Shapes Power Supply Unit, Controller and Quick Start Guide/Welcome Card.
5 GHz networks are not compatible with Nanoleaf products.
The Controller is ready when the indicator light is solid white.
Download and Open the Nanoleaf App
You can find the official Nanoleaf Smarter Series App in the Google Play Store. Make sure you have the latest version.
Pair Your Shapes
- On the Dashboard, tap the pencil icon in the top right corner.
- Tap “Add Device +”
- Under Decor, Select Shapes as your product.
- The app will automatically open up the pairing window.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to either:Option A
Scan the QR codeOption B
Enter in the 8-digit pairing code found on your Elements Power Supply Unit, Controller, or Quick Start Guide/Welcome CardOption C
Use NFC Tap, by holding the top of your mobile device over the buttons of your Controller
- Your Nanoleaf Shapes should now be connected and ready to go.
Option A: Pair with QR Code
Scan the code in the Quick Start Guide, Controller or PSU
Option B: Pair with NFC Tap
- Ensure that NFC is enabled.
- Hold the top of your device over the buttons of your Controller to pair.
Option C: Pair with Manual Input
- Select the product you want to pair.
- Once identified, tap to Pair.
- Enter your 8-digit pairing code (found on the Quick Start Guide, PSU, or Controller).