A local network API designed to extend your product experience. Integrate your setup with third party devices and services and enable more granular control of the hardware.
Canvas User Manual
Mounting Your Canvas
Prepare Your Surface
The Nanoleaf Canvas should only be installed indoors and on a flat surface that can support the weight of the panels. Clean your surface to be free of dust, moisture and oil. The included Mounting Tape is NOT recommended for textured, porous, popcorn, and ceiling surfaces (ie. wallpaper or brick walls).
Using the Mounting Tape
Use the included Mounting Tape to securely attach the panels. We recommend using 3 pieces of Mounting Tape for each panel.
Mount Your First Panel
Designate a panel from your setup as the starting panel. Peel off the other side of the tape and press the panel firmly against the wall. Hold each corner for 30 seconds to ensure that your panel attaches firmly.
Make sure to leave end of the tape sticking out. This will allow you to safely remove them later from the wall.
Connecting the Controller
Connect your Controller into an available linker slot of the first panel. Plug the other end into a power source to ensure that your setup is on and properly connected as you continue to link your panels together.
Each standard 24W PSU supports up to 25 Canvas light squares (1W per panel). Each Control Square supports up to 500 Canvas light squares.
Complete Your Setup
Continue to link each panel together and ensure that each panel lights up as you do so. Make sure the linkers are fully slotted into the linker slot, the panels should be aligned edge to edge.
Screw Mounting Your Panels on the Ceiling or Angled Surfaces
If you want to mount panels on the ceiling or other angled surfaces, we recommend using screws instead of tape to make sure your installation is securely attached. Purchase a Canvas Screw Mount Kit, available on the Nanoleaf Shop and follow these instructions:
- On the floor align the Mounting Plates you plan to place together and match the yellow lines so they are adjacent. Then press on the flaps to attach the Mounting Plates together.
- When you finish connecting all the Mounting Plates in your layout, cut off the unused flaps around the edges.
- Place the Rigid Linkers where the Mounting Plates line up together. This is where the panels would usually connect together as well if you did a normal adhesive installation.
- Hold the layout (which you created with the Mounting Plates) in place on the wall and with a pencil mark where your anchors will go.
- Drill a pilot hole and install the anchors.
- Fasten the Mounting Plates to the anchors with screws.
- Once secured, attach the panel to the Mounting Plate. You’ll need to line the linker slots on the panels with the Rigid Linkers you placed earlier. Press down on each corner until it clicks in place.
- Once the Power Supply is connected you can begin to enjoy your fabulous screw mounted layout!
Need to Dismount Your Canvas?
With one hand on the Canvas, use your other hand to pull the ends of tape along the wall. Do not pull perpendicularly or at any other angle, otherwise, you may damage your wall. Continue removing the tape from each panel until they are all safely removed.
Add to Your Masterpiece!
Be even more creative and grow your setup with Expansion Packs.BUY EXPANSION PACKS