A local network API designed to extend your product experience. Integrate your setup with third party devices and services and enable more granular control of the hardware.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty & Returns
Nanoleaf’s Limited Warranty:
Nanoleaf products are covered by a limited warranty from Nanoleaf: a two-year complimentary replacement of defective hardware.
Things to Know
- Support for the app and software is always available, warranty or not.
- The warranty applies for normal wear and tear, not complete stupidity.
- If outside of the USA, Canada, European Union, United Kingdom, Japan, Viet Nam, Hong Kong, Australia, or New Zealand, your nation’s customs officials may assess duties or taxes on warranty replacements we export to you. We’d love to be able to tell your leaders to go shove it, but the last time we tried, our support team got punished. If it’s a concern for you, talk to the appropriate customs agency in your country. These costs are your responsibility and we cannot provide cash reimbursement to you for them.
- Return shipping costs for commercial use orders are the responsibility of the buyer. If Nanoleaf issues you a return label, the full cost will be deducted from any refund owing.
- If you live somewhere remote, you might split the shipping costs with us =)
- Damage to paint or installation surface is not covered under the warranty, exercise care.
- Warranty = void for second-hand goods. Goods purchased from private, unauthorised sellers are considered second hand, even if a marketplace listing is marked ‘new’ by that seller. Sadly, they sometimes lie.
- Our support team may request photos and/or video to aid in diagnosing a hardware problem; these are required for replacement parts to be sent to you.
- Save your receipt if you didn’t purchase from the Nanoleaf Shop.
- If you paid for your Nanoleaf Shop purchase with a Visa, Mastercard, or other credit card gift card, we're unable to process refunds back to the gift card (these cards are often designed by the issuer to be single use). We can offer you store credit on the Nanoleaf Shop in this case, which never expires and does not have balance maintenance or other fees.
- Replacement parts may be available for sale for out of warranty goods. Nanoleaf reserves the right to substitute the closest comparable product available for warranty claims on an end of life product.
- If you want to return something for a cash refund, it has to be unused (not necessarily unopened) and a return requested with Nanoleaf Support within 30 days of the original shipment to you. The parcel must then be transferred to the courier within 14 days of a return label being provided. In the USA, Canada, European Union, United Kingdom, Japan, and orders shipped to Australian customers from Australia, we’ll pay the return shipping costs. Otherwise, the costs of return shipping are your responsibility. If return shipping is at your expense, the order must be shipped within 30 days of the original shipment to you and only after a return has been authorised by Nanoleaf Support.
- For used product, or returns outside of the shipping window, store credit will be issued in lieu of a cash refund. A C$5.00 / US$5.00 / £5.00 / 5,00€ / A$5.00 restocking fee applies to all returned orders from the Nanoleaf Shop in either case. Shipping fees paid when you placed an order are non-refundable, as is the cost of the optional shipping insurance if you chose to purchase it.
- If you did not purchase items directly from Nanoleaf, please contact the place of purchase to begin a return. Nanoleaf cannot accept returns for items purchased from other retailers and will not provide refunds for purchases made from other retailers.
Late or Missing Refunds
If you haven’t received a refund confirmation email, check your account statement before contacting Nanoleaf. If a refund does not show on your statement, please contact your credit card’s issuing bank. It often takes time for refunds to post to your account (3 to 10 bank business days in most cases). If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund, please contact our support team by clicking here.
End of Life Items
Only regularly stocked items may be returned, discontinued and clearance items are final sale. These will be clearly marked as final sale on the product page.
Limited Product Warranty (Legal)
Nanoleaf’s Limited Warranty
Nanoleaf products are covered by a limited warranty from Nanoleaf: a two-year complimentary replacement of defective hardware. The warranty period is based on product operation of 6 hours a day / 7 days a week. If a Product fails to operate in accordance with this limited Warranty, Nanoleaf will, at its discretion, replace the Product with the same or a functionally equivalent Product or grant purchaser a credit for a future Product purchase. Nanoleaf may also request that the product be returned for examination and mitigation of future similar defects.
For avoidance of doubt, “to replace the Product” does not include any removal or reinstallation costs or expenses, including without limitation labour costs or expenses, shipping costs to return defective Products or any damages that may occur during the return of the Product. For goods returned directly to Nanoleaf, costs assessed by Nanoleaf will be deducted from your refund. Store credit may also be offered in lieu of a refund when the customer and Nanoleaf agree to this remedy.
This limited Warranty is subject to the following additional conditions:
- The Products have been installed and operated in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and precautions.
- The Products have not been subject to accident, neglect, abuse, misuse or acts of God.
- The Product has been purchased directly from an authorised Nanoleaf distributor/dealer/store or direct from the Nanoleaf Shop.
- Proof of purchase must be provided to Nanoleaf in the form of a receipt for sale of goods.
The warranty and remedy set forth herein do not apply to Products, parts, advice, assistance or service which Nanoleaf furnishes to purchaser as a business courtesy. The warranty is not applicable to any Product which is used in violation of any applicable standard, code or instructions for use, including those contained in the Standards for Safety of Underwriters Laboratory, Inc. (UL), Standards for the American Standards Institute (ANSI), in Canada, the Canadian Standards Association (CSA), in Australia, Standards Association of Australia (SAA), In European Economic Area EEA, European Conformity (CE).
THE FOREGOING WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE, AND THE SOLE REMEDY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, IN CONTRACT, IN TORT OR OTHERWISE ARISING FROM THE FAILURE OF PRODUCT AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WHICH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. THE LIABILITY OF NANOLEAF SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TERMS OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN. IN NO EVENT WILL NANOLEAF BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, PROFITS, BUSINESS OR GOODWILL, WHETHER OR NOT NANOLEAF HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.
The Nanoleaf Shop Australia offers free shipping in Australia on orders over A$100!
No discount code or coupon is necessary, simply add items to your cart and check out. When choosing any of the available Express Shipping options, please remember that these service times are for delivery; add 1-2 business days for processing at the warehouse. On orders to New Zealand, competitive weight-based rates are available.
Your order can be tracked by logging in to your account or clicking the 'Track Order' link in your shipment notification email.